December 2, 2014
Tuesday was my first time doing something in an actual office. I didn't exactly do much work considering it was my first time meeting Marshall, my mentor, but I did get an introduction to advertisement/marketing and what are some aspects that they do.
Once I got there, Marshall introduced me to all of his co-workers and his team that could also help me when I have questions as well. I felt very intimidated when meeting them, but yet comfortable because all of the workers were quite young looking and very nice. While exploring through NewsAmerica, Marshall brought in some examples of different types of advertising they do which intrigued me about the way it catches a person's attention. I learned about the subconscious attention catcher that advertisements do and the different types of ways it catches a person's attention.
- Floor advertisements: brings colors to your eyes and leads them to the product
- Coupons: makes products seem cheaper, so it incentivizes you to purchase
- Stick-out flyers: catches your attention because it sticks out of the aisle
Marshall also gave me a packet to read through about marketing and to ask if I had any questions. He also mentioned he would be giving me a project to do on my own and maybe even listen in on him on a deal he is making with a client. I was pretty excited when he mentioned I can do that.
I was surprised I understood most of what he was talking about due to economics class. I felt really proud in myself and maybe figured this is something that I would enjoy doing in the future; so far, anyway. I've been set with the homework to observe through one of his client's, Dreyer's Ice Cream, placement in stores and see how marketing comes into play.
Time logged for this session: 1 1/2 hours
Total time logged: 1 1/2 hours

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home